The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) is pleased to announce the availability of five new e-learning courses for substance abuse treatment professionals: Prescription Medication (Part 1): Misuse, Abuse, and Dependence; Prescription Medication (Part 2): Addressing Addiction; Organizational Development: Governance and the Board of Directors; Organizational Development: Marketing as Collaboration; and Organizational Development: Using Financial Information as a Nonfinancial CEO. Please read the announcement below and forward it to others who may be interested.
KAP List Manager
JBS International, Inc.
New Online Continuing Education Courses for Substance Abuse Treatment Professionals
SAMHSA has new online courses for substance abuse treatment professionals. These courses provide an opportunity for professional growth as well as one continuing education unit per module for maintaining certification or licensure.
- Prescription Medication (Part 1): Misuse, Abuse, and Dependence—This course instructs substance abuse treatment professionals about prescription medication use, abuse, misuse, and dependence. It presents trends in the use of prescription medications and compares medication classes: opioid analgesics (pain relievers), sedative-hypnotics (benzodiazepines and barbiturates), and stimulants.
- Prescription Medication (Part 2): Addressing Addiction—This course follows on the above course and provides information for substance abuse treatment professionals about treating clients who are addicted to prescription medications. It includes information about screening, assessment, and treatment planning for these clients.
- Organizational Development: Governance and the Board of Directors—This course presents information about governance and the responsibilities, recruitment, and retention of boards of directors for nonprofit community-based organizations that provide substance abuse treatment.
- Organizational Development: Marketing as Collaboration—This course presents basic marketing approaches and tools for use by nonprofit community-based organizations that provide substance abuse treatment. It offers suggestions about applying marketing techniques to increase the number of client referrals, designing marketing materials, conducting marketing research, and developing marketing plans.
- Organizational Development: Using Financial Information as a Nonfinancial CEO—This course provides training for those managers in substance abuse treatment organizations who do not have experience in accounting or finance. It explains general financial principles and how to apply them effectively. The course does not cover specific financial reporting requirements for grantees.
Start taking an online course today!
The Web-based system allows you to complete these courses at any time from the comfort, privacy, and convenience of your home or office. The e-learning courses are available at http://www.kap.samhsa.gov or through the link below:
Knowledge Application Program (KAP) E-Learning Web site page
Recently Published TIPs:
denotes a file in Adobe’s Portable Document Format. To view the file you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
available free from Adobe.